October 28, 2009

Stain, Stain, Go Away..

If you're anything like me, you hate it when you store tomato-based soups or sauces in plastic containers, and are left with a stubborn red stain, because it means you can't reuse them! Easy solution: Spray the container lightly with cooking oil before you pour in the sauce and it'll wash up like new!

Another trick I use, to remove stains in the microwave, is to put a bowl of water with lemon slices inside it and heat for about 45 seconds. Then simply wipe clean! This also helps to neutralise any food odours :)

This isn't stain-related, but I read it in today's paper and thought I'd share my new-found knowledge: "Parsley, coriander, spearmint, tarragon, eucalyptus, rosemary and cardamom are all good for fighting bad breath. You can chew on fresh herbs or make tonics by steeping them in hot water (as a tea). These herbs make an excellent digestive as well—doubling the benefits of ending a meal this way.” Yay a new way of using up those extra herbs in the fridge!

1 comment:

Damo said...

i guess ill have to carry around some of those herbs, to battle my bad breath:(..